Revive your outfits with this attractive multicolor striped scarf, light-weight scarf which not only looks stylish but also gives a modern and elegant touch to your personality. The pattern for this multicolor striped scarf is very easy, takes almost no time and is fun to make.
Multicolor Striped Scarf Pattern:
- Yarn: Diva Altin Basak Bolero 100g-120m. 100% acrylic. 1 skein each color.
- Yarn weight: aran
- Hook size: 3.0mm
This scarf is made in various shades of purple. The fun part is, you can mix and match, and play around with the color combinations as you like.
1: Color A: Powdery Pink (001)
2: Color B: light purple (049)
3: Color C: medium purple (104)
4: Color D: Dark purple (?)
The pattern consists of four stripes made with each of the above-mentioned colors. These stripes are then joined together in the longitudinal fashion. The width of the scarf will depend upon the number of stripes, which can be decreased or increased as per your liking.
Pattern for Multicolor Striped Scarf
Take yarn of color-A. Start with ch3, 1dc into the 1st ch. This will form a ring.
- Row 1: Ch5, 7dc into the ring, ch5, turn over.
- Row 2: Skip 2 underlying dc, 2dc only in the back loop of the next underlying dc, 3dc in back loop of next underlying dc, 2dc in back loop of next underlying dc. Ch5 and turn over.
Repeat row 2 until the desired length of the scarf is reached. The length of this scarf is almost 140cm.
- Last row: Skip 2 underlying dc, 2dc only in the back loop of the next underlying dc, 3dc in back loop of next underlying dc, 2dc in back loop of next underlying dc. Fasten off.
Repeat similar steps with Colors B, C and D.
In order to join the stripes together, we have used contrasting colors. Take Stripes of colors B and C and lay them side by side together. Take yarn of color-A to join them. Locate 1st ch5-arch on side of one stripe, and attach the yarn to 3rd ch of the ch5-arch. Ch3, sl st into the 3rd ch of ch5-arch of the other strip. Ch3, sl st into 3rd ch of ch5-arch of the 1st strip. Keep joining this way till the end and fasten off.
- Now take stripe of color A and lay it adjacent to the strip of color C. Repeat the above process of joining using yarn of color-D.
- Lay the stripe of Color-D adjacent to the stripe of color-A. Using yarn of color-C, repeat the above-mentioned process of joining.
The scarf is complete. It can be embellished by adding tassels, made of yarn, to the ends.
Ch : chain sp: space
St: stitch Sl st: slip stitch
Dc: double crochet Ch5-Arch: arch made of 5 chains.